Friday, August 31, 2007

Week Three of Project Me

I'm nearing the end of my thirda week of working out and trying to eat better. I have managed for three weeks to get to the gym and exercise for 30-45 minutes a day, 6 days a week. In the morning, mind you, and I am not a morning person.

I haven't freqented a fast food restaurant in that time. I have drank at least 64 oz of water each day. I have limited my other frinks to one Diet Pepsi a day. I have cooked a balanced dinner everynight this week, and brought leftovers for lunch the next day. I've eated my egg and whole wheat toast each morning. I've taken my vitamins. I've even done this all while suffering from really horrendous seasonal allergies. (Which I believe are better this year because I am doing this).

Can someone tell me why my pants are not fitting better? Why I am not seeing any difference in my body?

I'm frustrated. I need to start seeing some results, I'm not looking for anything major. Just a little looser fit on my waist line.

Ok, gotta run. I will keep on keeping on. It has to start happening soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my dear ...

Trish, I wish I had some answers for you. I am sure you are feeling super frustrated ... wanting to see some positive result from all of this hard work!

Well, the only thing that comes to mind is that your body is in freakout mode right now. Maybe it's not sure what to do with all of the muscle work, deep breathing, good food, and water. I wonder if in a week or so you will have some noticable changes.

I just want to tell you that today you are my hero, Trish. You are inspiring me. I am so very proud of you and the efforts you make every day.

I am really, really struggling with the life changes that I have to make. I know I need to do this. It is just so hard to break habits and work through addictions.

It is so hard to throw those last couple of ice cream drumsticks in the garbage, and so much easier to think ... I will start being good once these temptations are gone.

Grrrrrr.

On a positive note, I am still drinking water, and lots of it.

That's all for now. I just wanted to tell you that I hear you.

I am proud of you. You are doing the right thing. You are doing this the right way, and this is so worth it. Keep up the good work, hon!

Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Don't be discouraged. It could be that your calorie intake and you out-take (via exercise) are just evenly matched. Sometimes when we first start a new program of exercise, even though we are eating healthy, we are still eating more because the muscle we are building is demanding it. And, muscle is dense and heavy. Do you have access to a trainer? Someone who could evaluate your workout and give some tips or make recommendations?

Just remember, it's only been three weeks. It can take up to 6 to build the habit. And it's not like dieting alone which brings quicker but not long-lasting results. Changing the way we eat and working out is going to be a slower process.

You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Don't get discouraged!!!

Are you doing any weight training? That can really kick it into high gear. Make 2 of your weekly workouts mostly weights and see how that goes. As I'm sure you already know, muscle burns faster...

b said...

re you weighing yourself? You may be losing weight even though it's not showing up in your clothes. It took me a solid 25 pounds before I noticed a major change in my clothes. If I had just been going by my clothes, I would have given up after a few weeks.

Stick with it! You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish! Why your pants don't fit better yet...I believe that the flubber (not that you had much, i think) is changing into muscles...

Keep it going...i quit smoking this year and have taken out more time for myself to deal with life's stressors...

It's easy, with the big family that you and i have, to get lost in the shuffle..

So, keep the faith..It's a healthy lifestyle and will be great for your spirit!

Huggie
Anja