Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Feeling at Peace


It's been a really busy year for me. Starting with getting the new job, then the engagement, the move, selling one house, buying another, relocating with two kids, new schools, new friends, planning a wedding, marriage, blending a family, and a new business to boot. Yes, busy would probably be an understatement.

There have been moments during all of these positive changes, that I thought I would not be able to hold under the stress. Yes, good
changes are still stress inducing. During all of this time, while Brad and I have worked so hard to pull together this new normal, I realize that I had been neglecting myself. I stopped exercising, I starting eating as a way to cope with all the newness and uncertainty.

For the last 11 days I have been working on me. I have made it to the gym 9 times in 11 days. I am feeling better about myself, and about my life. I have to say, I have not lost a pound, but that is ok. I'm sure over time, those benefits will be enevitable. But what I want to focus on are the other benefits. Overall, I feel more positive about life. I am more patient with my kids. I have more energy. I'm getting up and doing something that is good for me, whether i want to get up or not is beside the point. I am doing it, and will continue to do it.

Today I feel more at peace with my life than I have in a long, long, looooooong time... dare I say ever? Yes, I have more peace and satisfaction right now than I have ever had. I feel like I am on the right track now. For so long, I just wondered where I belonged, I feared I would never have someone whom I cherished and who cherished me. Now it all seems so natural, and for that I am so grateful.

I just wanted to take one moment to bask in my new found happiness.
Trish







1 comment:

Marsha said...

How wonderfully inspiring Trish--I am so proud of you!! I could tell when you visited how terribly at peace you are. Good for you sis.
Marsha