Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Day three... hump day



It felt like a mountain, not a hump. The alarm went off, and I just wanted to sleep. Why does that happen? I'm working out, eating well. I even got lots of sleep last night. But I only snoozed once, and still made it to the gym. I felt great once I got my ipod on. I did it! I put in a good 30 minutes of weights and the rowing machine.

Went out to lunch with the girls at work, and ordered off the "healthier choices" at Fridays. Thought I might feel deprived, but it was really, really good! My friend Marsha's blog just stopped me from wanting to scarf a box of Thin Mints, so that was good.

Here is what I struggle with. When you are very overweight, that goal seems so far away, and I have never been very successful at sticking to a fitness program. I get down. I want to see immediate benefits. I feel better, but then I look at my reflection, and .... how do I say this.... I am still fat. (DUH, you've only been working out for 5 days!)

I think a good friend hit the nail on the head... I need to not overdo it. It needs to be enjoyable, not painful. So that is my goal... get into working out. Commit to moving my body in some enjoyable way 5 days a week for 30 minutes a day. Some days I will do more, we'll see how I feel. I just want the size 6 body without the work. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Ok, I will be really happy in a size 10. I'm not looking to be model thin.

I would like to be able to keep up with the kids and not get tired.

I want to go for a long day of shopping and not have my feet throbbing in pain.

I want to go to the petites department and find clothes that fit me.

Those are my goals. I know it will take time. One day at a time. One day at a time. {repeat}

4 comments:

M said...

Hey girl, frustrated or not YOU ROCK! And I, for one, am very proud of you.

I know just what you mean about wanting immediate results. I've been working at it really hard too, have finally lost 10 whole pounds and was actually feeling pretty good (okay, better) about myself. Then today someone asked if I'm having a boy or a girl. OMG! There were the newfound self-esteem and off I went for a tear-covered hot fudge sundae.

Yeah, I hear ya sister. But you can do this. WE CAN DO THIS!

Anonymous said...

"Commit to moving my body in some enjoyable way 5 days a week for 30 minutes a day."

Hmmm ... OK, I know my mind is always in the gutter, but it just reads so funny ...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Trish, I read your previous recent posts this morning before I went to the gym (and I'm on vacation...yay for me for going!) and thinking about your posts while I was at the gym made me smile. It's always a battle but I'm so glad that this is the year of YOU.

And you've made it to the five year milestone...seems pretty surreal, doesn't it?

Just wanted to let you know that I'm reading and cheering you on!

Marsha said...

Trish,
I just walked in from my first day back on the walking regime with my walking buddy Suzanne (she really keeps me moving) and I really do feel great. What I don't get is that I feel so good---why do I stop after a while? I don't get me sometimes--LOL!! Good for you. You are beautiful no matter what, but being healthy for your children is the most important goal.
WAY TO GO SISTA!!!
Marsha