Saturday, August 18, 2007

Week One

I'm going to take a moment an toot my own horn! I did it! Week one went so well. I made it to the gym everyday except Friday. (Before work too, and I am NOT a morning person!) I treated myself to a new pair of workout shoes (oh, and a really cute black pump).

Anyway, I feel so great having stuck to the workouts this week! I think that blogging about this is helpful, as it keeps me accoutable. I don't want to have to come here and say "I gave up" I want to come her and tell you all how great it is going. So that keeps me working.
I looked at some before and after pictures of myself on my old trainers website.

Holy crap, I looked so much better at the end of our six month program. Now, I look like the before pics again. But that is ok. Now I know that I can do it again. And this time, I have committed to a year with the exercise. I think doing it without the trainer will be good. I can make the workouts more fun for me. (Although he was pretty hot and that was great motivation to a widow of 3 years, lol)
Hmmmm, perhaps if this week goes well, I may have to actually weigh myself. I'm not big on the weigh in's cause I know I am building muscle, so the scale will actually not show as much progress as I am actually making. I usually go by the way my clothes fit to mark my progress. I do know what my starting weight was, as I had a physical on day one. I'm sure this blog is boring, and I my house is a disaster, and my kids have no clean underwear. Better get busy.

No comments: