Thursday, May 10, 2007

We're getting there


I took an emergency I'm getting married in less than 3 weeks day off yesterday. Poor Brad... nothing like a bride on a mission. I dragged him all over the place, but we got lots of things accomplished. Here is a list of what we DID get done:



  • Took his suit in to correct the alterations

  • Took my dress in for alterations. It will be ready 6 days before the wedding

  • Bought ties for Brad and his men

  • Bought a unity candle holder and the candles

  • Bought place cards for seating

  • Met with the reception hall and made all of our choices for food and drink and room set-up

  • and here is the big one.......We got our marriage license!

So, yes, it is official with an official Piatt County seal of authenticity. Brad and Trish are getting married. Wow. I cannot tell you how absolutely amazing it felt to walk out the door with those papers in hand. Honestly, I can tell you I have never been this happy. Never.


Sometimes I feel like the odd widow out. Most of my widow friends had these wonderful marriages the first time. Mine was challenging from day one. It was lopsided from the very beginning. When Ed died, I grieved for the loss of my children's father. I grieved for all Ed would miss out on. I grieved for what never was, but I had always believed would become of our love. I grieved because I feared I would never know that kind of love.

With Brad, I feel so loved, so cherished, so secure. Today I cry tears of joy when I feel Brad's presence. It is like someone who has gone their lifetime without tasting anything but bread and water. Than after 37 years, they are placed at a feast and told they can have all that they desire. Yes, it is that good. And I am so forever grateful for the gift I have been given. Thank you Lord. You are ever faithful.


No comments: