Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

New Years 2008 I know it's been a while since I last blogged, and I have probably lost most of my readers, but that's ok. But I'm back, only with the excuse of "been busy" as we all are.

Here we are, in 2008... It is so nice to look back on a year gone by and feel that it was a really good year. Really, Reaaaallllly good! Just over a year ago, on December 23rd, 2006 Brad proposed to me -- and that is where it all began. I can actually say that 2007 has made up for all the crap of the previous 4 years. Felt like it was my reward for perservering... In 2007 I started a new job, in a new town. I moved nearly 150 miles away from the only city I have ever called home. I changed my children's school mid-year. We bought a new beautiful house. Brad and Clayton moved in, and in May, we all became one family. I am now the proud mom of three great kids. And the happy wife of the most amazing man. Yes, 2007 was a year of blessings.

It was also a year of change, and some struggles. Blending a family is not always easy. 6, 8 and 10 year olds -- two boys who were used to always getting their way makes for lots of power struggles and bickering. I will admit that some days they drive me completely NUTS! But we are adapting, all of us. And I hope that by this time 2009 many of the struggles will be a distant memory.

No resolutions this year. I am conituing on my journey to better health... getting more active, eating better. I have gotten Brad to join me, which will help me tremendously. I have fallen off the wagon since Thanksgiving, but it is time to get back on it... tomorrow. I swear! lol

Other than that, there is nothing too exciting to report. I hope that 2008 is a year filled with much love, health, and happiness for all of my friends out there reading.

Peace,

Trish

5 comments:

Stella said...

Dear Trish,

Happy New Year to you, Brad, and the kids! The year is a blank page, and just think of all the great things we can write on it!

(((HUGS)))

Stella

Marsha said...

OH my friend,
It is good to have you back--Brad and the kids are so very fortunate to have you in their lives and I know you are happy. I can also say that 2007 was a fabulous year and am hoping 2008 is even better---
Love ya,
Marsha

Anonymous said...

efrkoHey, hon! I can't tell you how many times I have checked your blog and wondered ... where the heck is my buddy? :-P

I suppose I could've just called or PMd you. Too easy, I guess!

To publicly recommit myself, here is an update. I guess I'll put it on the board's weight loss thread, too! My healthy eating plan is going pretty well. I haven't added an exercise routine, but I plan to this week.

So, here is what I am doing well:

Drinking lots of water (and no soda)!
Other than H2O, only drinking decaf hot tea, soy milk, and tomato juice.
Forcing myself to explore the world of vegetables more (I even bought brussel sprouts today!)
Taking vitamins every day

Here's what I need to do:

Get moving
Start juicing
Stop eating late at night


That's all for now. I'm so glad to see you back at blogging!

Love you bunches,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the "word verification" getting inserted at the beginning of my comment. Grrrr ... I need to pay more attention when I type!

I forgot to say ... Merry Christmas to you, Brad, and the kids! BTW, I loved your Christmas pic.

xo
Linda

Anonymous said...

Glad to finally see you back and blogging! Tell Brad and the kids I said hello.