Friday, April 27, 2007

4 weeks, 1 day, & 23 hours

This first entry is dedicated to my good friend, Pentha. She was disturbed that there was a blogger identity for "Brad & Trish" but no Blog attached! So here you go, Alicia! The second reason this is dedicated to Pentha, is because my true motivation in started today was to use this as a place to keep my "to do" list. And Pentha is the queen of To-do. In just 4 weeks and 2 days, I will walk down the aisle to become Mrs. Patricia Curry. And as much as I would like to pretend that this wedding is going to be simple, it is anything but!

4 weeks, 1 day, & 23 hours

That is how long I have to get ready. Here is what is on the "to do" list as of today:

  • Wedding Cake. If we plan on cutting a cake, I really need to find someone to make one. Any bakers out there that wouldn't mind making a small wedding cake and delivering it to the middle of no where on a Sunday of Memorial Day weekend??? Ok, didn't think so. Perhaps we will just forgo this time-honored tradition, and just let ya'll eat the cake that comes included with the buffet dinner. (and I ain't kidding!)
  • Dress Alerations. Unless I am somehow going to grow a couple inches, and hit about 5'2 in the next 4 weeks, I will need a seamstress to hem my dress.
  • Shoes. I ordered them online. Pray that they fit and I can walk in them.
  • Spanks. I need not say more on this one.
  • Jewelry. Find ad for gorgeous pearl and diamond earrings and leave it wear Brad will get the hint. OH, and go to Claire's Boutique and get some cheapos as a back-up plan.
  • Make appointment with minister to finalize ceremony plans
  • Make appointment with Kennedy's to make final arrangements on the food and drink selections
  • Rent a canopy for the yard for rehersal dinner. Pray it does not rain.
  • Call church to see if we can borrow chairs and tables for rehersal dinner
  • Call Brad's Aunt with count of how many people we are having at this pre-wedding wedding. (yes, it seems the numbers are rising) . Brad's aunt is catering this event as her wedding gift to us! Hurray! I will not have to serve crappy central illinois pizza to my Chicago relatives!
  • Michael - Shoes
  • Abby - tights
  • Abby - Haircut
  • Cleaning lady to come Friday 5/25
  • Nail Appointment for me Friday 5/25
  • Complete DJ info sheet and mail
  • Go shopping for clothes for Hawaii!!!
  • Go buy some new make-up for the wedding
  • Oh, I need a purse for the wedding
  • Brad - Ivory Dress shirt - ask him his size and tie
  • Brad - Are you really going to wear your old black dress shoes???
  • Tanning. I need to tan before the wedding. Would not want to be lobsterized in Hawaii

Ok, if you add to this list that I have to juggle three kids baseball schedules (one of which I am coaching), tap and ballet lessons and recitals, and no time to really take off work if I want to be able to go on my honeymoon... and I am a bit freaked out.

But, it will all get done, right? And if not, well, no biggie. I'm still going to be Mrs. Patricia Curry in 4 weeks, 1 day, 22 hours and 45 minutes.

Trish
aka. the future Mrs. Curry
aka. Bridezilla


5 comments:

Marsha said...

YOOOHOOOO!!! for making the "wetting" plans and for starting your blog---
Love ya,
Marsha

Alicia said...

Spanks. I need not say more on this one.

Ummm. Yes, you do. You really do.

Trish said...

Pentha,

http://www.barenecessities.com/product.asp?pf_id=Spanx1000P

That should clear things up for you. :-)

Tanja said...

Wow Trish! What a huge list. Just reading it made me nervous, still I hope to be in your spot one day.
You two will make such a beautiful couple on that special day!
And I don't believe for a second that you need spanks!!

Tanja

Trish said...

Thanks Tanja! Yes, I really need spanks! I just posted my new list, and it is a bit shorter. We're getting there!

Love ya,

Trish